Welcome to the Memorial Union! The information desk is open daily to answer your questions, help point you in the right direction for an event, class, or meeting, and so much more. Such as you ask? Well among other things, we sell discounted RIPTA Bus Passes for the URI Community and stamps. For a complete list of services we offer, take a look below! We gladly accept cash or check for all purchases.
Saturday and Sunday: Sun, 9am-10pm
Bus Schedules :
We stock the latest bus schedules for the following RIPTA Bus Routes 14, 66, 64. As well as for the Flex Service Shuttle that travels around campus.
US Postage Stamps:
Available for purchase at the information desk (Individual stamps are $0.46 each or sold in a book of twenty for $9.20) We also sell envelopes for $0.10 each.
There is on and off-campus mail pickup at the information desk daily (Monday through Friday at 10:30am & 1:30pm).
Pool Table Equipment:
We have two complete sets of pool balls for use with the pool tables on the first floor of the Memorial Union. Free to use with a valid URI ID on a first come, first serve basis.
Campus building and parking maps are available upon request. Additionally we can provide directions for the four URI campuses, local restaurants, visitor accommodations, and tourist spots in Rhode Island.
Student Organization keys:
The information desk is home to all the Memorial Union’s Student Organizations Office keys. Select organization members (as determined by each of the Student Organizations Presidents) can sign them out with their URI ID.
Flyers can be produced at Campus Copy and Design.
Flyers can be posted at various campus locations. Each facility sets is own posting policy. To post flyers at the Memorial Union, provide two 8 1/2” x 11” flyers to the Info Desk and the staff will place them behind the bulletin boards.
MU Display Policy:
• The bulletin boards are available to all applicable organizations for general-use; additionally, the general public may utilize the bulletin boards on the 1st floor.
• Two notices are permitted for URI programs that cite specific dates & times, while only one notice is permitted for non-URI programs or URI programs that cite no specific dates & times.
• Program notices must not exceed 14”x22” in size, and must include the sponsoring group’s name & contact telephone number.
• Classified ads may not exceed the size of a 3”x5” index card.
• All notices must be submitted to the Information Desk for approval, stamping, & posting.